Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Odd Mom Rantings From Halloween

This was written on Halloween Morning and I am not sure why it never got posted, I think everything I posted about yesterday just got in the way. So that is why it is written in the present tense and I didn't edit it. I liked it the way it was. Hope you had a Happy Halloween

Halloween. For the first year since HistoryBoy started school, I am not room mom. I don't have to run a party and have games and crafts all set. I am not feeling overwhelmed, going what did I forget? In all honesty, I feel let down. Weird, huh?

I keep saying how much he is growing up. It is amazing how much he has grown and matured just this past summer in particular. Now here is the first holiday where it smacks me in the face and I really notice it. I am not needed to help out anymore. He is in middle school. Wow! He isn't a baby anymore, and while he hasn't been for a long time, I've always had to do things for school so it is a little sad.

Ok, it is also great that I don't have to bake cupcakes, or make sure I have enough crafts but I honestly did love doing those things. I didn't mind, it made me part of his day. I got to know the kids in his class by name. I would know which games worked and which didn't for the next party. A piece of is or I guess wasn't ready to let go yet. I feel a little bereft. Maybe they just don't do anything big for Halloween, maybe Thankgiving or Christmas and I will feel needed. It sounds so corny. Who gets upset about NOT having to be doing extra work. I think part of it also that I haven't been feeling well so maybe it is hitting me harder than it should, but don't worry I won't be so blubbery tomorrow. I mean we DO want our kids to grow up to be successful that is we are trying to do and I mean the kid is only in middle school. It's not like I shipped him to college. He still gets off the bus everyday and comes in and gives me a big hug and wants a snack so I am still needed, just a little less.

It's just the little less that scares me....

Until tomorrow or the day after at the latest
Don't forget to leave me a comment or email! I love hearing from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment