Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Pushing Myself


I've mentioned before how I try not to push myself too much because there are real life consequences to my health when I do but...
Yesterday, I did some straightening, and a little exercise and wiped myself out. I crashed and fell asleep but I was woken up several times, once by phone, once by our dogs to be let outside so my nap wasn't as long or as restful as I needed it to be, especially given as we had plans for the evening. 

When I got up from my nap, my headache was only marginally better, but it was enough better that I thought I would be okay... That is probably a lie... I could feel I was pushing myself BUT HistoryBoy was performing and I wasn't going to miss it. (I haven't mentioned his performing on the blog before but I'll write a post about it later to update you). HistoryBoy can tell I am not 100% and told me I could stay home and Angus would take care of everything, but the only performances I've missed is when I've been on the hospital and I don't want to miss this one.  

Well, maybe I should have, but it's too late now to go back and change. So what happened? On my way to the event, I got car sick. NOTE: It's was only a 10 minute car ride, but I was so nauseous when I got there, I had to get out of the car and breathe fresh air hoping I wouldn't actually throw up. I got a water to drink, and sat down and started to feel a little better but as time went on, that headache tightened like a screw on my head, and my neck muscles kept getting tighter and tighter, until I knew it wasn't a regular headache anymore but a migraine. I lasted through HistoryBoy's performance but I had to leave after, which I felt bad about but couldn't help. I needed to lay down and I was really hoping not to get sick. 

We went home and I went right to bed. HistoryBoy got me my migraine meds, a glass of water and an ice pack. I just closed my eyes, hoping the pain and nausea would subside. It got a little better, enough that I felt could enough to get up and use bathroom and then decided to take a bath and get ready for bed. Well bath felt amazing at first. My still muscles started to relax and I was simply resting with my eyes closed when I felt my stomach lurch. I'm looking around the bathroom, and I knew I didn't have energy or time to jump out so I grabbed waste basket and called for Angus... 

After my stomach calmed, Angus helped me into pajamas and back into bed and as I lay here now, just 10 or so hours later, my body still feels wiped out. My head, while not quite a headache, has that after migraine feeling which means I can't push myself an inch today or I will be very ill, and my ears are ringing, which happens to me with/after a migraine. 

Was it worth it? Would I do it again? Yes, I got to see HistoryBoy perform, which makes me happy and so proud, but I'm done in now probably for several days while my body catches up. #LupusSucks 

No comments:

Post a Comment