Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

How Well Does Your TiVo Know You??


How many of you get to watch your favorite TV show exactly when it is on? I know I don't always get to. I feel cruddy a lot of the time, so I head to bed early, some nights. So my hubby got me a TiVo which I *LOVE*. It is awesome. If you don't know what I TiVo is, it allows me to record my shows and watch them the next day or day after when I am awake and feeling better.

Now the TiVo has a feature called Suggestions which I turned on to see what it suggests for me and I have come to the conclusion that it does NOT know me at all. Now I love watching TV. But my TiVo doesn't seem tgo realize that my current shows on my TiVo are what I like.

The shows (and channel) I record currently are Glee (FOX), Bones (FOX), Castle (ABC), New Girl (FOX), Once Upon A Time (ABC), Pan Am (ABC), The Mentalist (CBS), Grimm (NBC), Rizzoli & Isles (TNT), The Finder (FOX), Psych (USA), American Horror Story (FX), Leverage (TNT), Burn Notice (USA), White Collar (USA), Royal Pains (USA), In Plain Sight (USA), Covert Affairs (USA) and Suits (USA). I also used to record The Ghost Whisperer (CBS) and Numb3rs (CBS) until they were cancelled. So I think my TiVo should know me pretty well.

I know my tastes seems to be all over the place. I like to think of myself as eclectic rather than weird, ok? But here is the kicker. These are the shows my TiVo gives me to watch as suggestions.

Dirty Jobs (DSC), now don't get me wrong I like Mike Rowe, he looks good in those Wrangler Jeans, AND he has a GREAT voice but I am not so much into the whole rolling in mud, climbing in a sewer pipe. I am not sure what in my shows gave my TiVo such an idea.

ABC Nightly NEWs (ABC), I have never been a news watcher. It drives Angus nuts. He thinks I need to be more abreast of things. I gets my news as highlights on Facebook and Twitter. I know that is awful. But I have always been that way. I see a headline, I will read an article and then I will read more and so on, but I am not a regular news reader. Angus says maybe the TiVo is trying to tell me something. Keep trying TiVo... I will just keep deleting.

The Martha Stewart Show (or something like that), I am not a Martha fan, never have been. I can't put my finger on why. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way. So why would I record her? What in my shows would suggest that I wanted her to be recorded? I think my TiVo needed it *brain* checked.

Modern Marvels (HIS), I can only guess that the TiVo know I have HistoryBoy as a son and is trying to get him to interact with it. That is my only guess. However, the TiVo is in *my* bedroom so HistoryBoy does not get to use it. Why the TiVo wants more usage I don't know. Doesn't it think my shows are enough for it? I think that is 18 or 19 shows right? The USA shows run in rotation they aren't all on at the same time of year so its not recording them all the time but still... more shows? I really do not need more history in my life. I get daily doses in my life FROM HistoryBoy. Don't worry TiVo you don't have to include these ANYMORE.

Hot In Cleveland (TVLand), this show may be funny, but it really isn't my thing. Don't get me wrong Betty White is great, and I like Valerie Bertinelli but I don't think the show is aimed at my demographic or if it is maybe I am just not getting it. It doesn't strike me. So PLEASE stop suggesting it 16 times a day TiVo. I am tired of wasting my space for it.

Dog Bounty Hunter (A&E), um, I might love me some Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum, Bounty Hunter novels but Dog? No. Unconditionally, no. Where did the TiVo even get this idea? To me, he just looks nasty, skeevy. He makes my skin crawl just looking at him. I am sorry if you are into him and his show. Just not my thing...

Las Vegas (TNT), Now this is one I can live with. It is in syndication. I used to like it when it was in first run but I didn't get to watch it a lot, so when it records it every once in a while I don't mind. Do you hear than TiVo, STOP recording junk and you can suggest this show more often ok? I won't mind.

These are just of the things my TiVo has given me. I am convinced my TiVo is just trying to irritate me into turning the Suggestions off. LOL. I may give it a little longer. It might give me another blog.

Hope you enjoyed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment