Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, February 3, 2014

Every Mom Wants To See A Smile On Her Child's Face

I don't think any one of us says I was to be the mom who is sick and stays at home and disappoints her kid. Every mom wants to be thought of as Supermom. 

Unfortunately, for some of us that isn't possible, but I would really like to be able to work, coach my son's soccer team (it's the only way he will play), take him to karate and singing lessons, help with his homework, make dinner and relax after with my family, do whatever we want on the weekends day trip or museum and still teach Sunday School.  

I told a friend of mine this one time, they said to "Are you nuts, that is crazy? That's too much. Don't you want some free time?" I said I used to do all that, and I didn't mind it. I was spending time with my family." That looked at me like I was even crazier, like I was lying. 

Don't they realize the now is worse.  The festering trying to get my body to do what it needs to and it doesn't want to. Seven years ago I was relatively healthy doing all those things, working, coaching, playing, enjoying life, not just function through.  I don't want to just function.  I don't want him to see me just functioning, I want him to see me enjoying love, teach him to enjoy life, work hard and to love life. None of which I am doing now... 

For him, I just want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment