Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, February 1, 2014

When You Sign Up to Be A Mom...

When you decide to be a mom, or when you suddenly find or you are going to be a mom, like most of us, well my first inclination was to go holy crap! But after initial shock I started to plan. 

They don't issue a mommy card or a license with this job to prepare you. And all the books in the word do NOT prepare you for real life. I did READ all the books, What to Expect When You're Expecting, What to Eat When You're Expecting, but I have to let you know my FAVE was The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, it was better than those others hands down. I started The Girlfriends' Guide to Surviving 1st Year of Motherhood but I was still pregnant at the time and IN THE BOOK, it asked if I had time to read why I didn't take a nap so I did and I never picked it back up.


  Anyway, NONE of those books prepared me for a kid like HistoryBoy. Are the books out there for kids like him, cause at this point I am kinda winging it?  If there is an expert on my son I would LOVE to meet him or her.  And not one of those "fake" expects who knows all about my "type" of child.  I just need to love him more or reprimand him more. If this child gets anymore love he will live on my lap or move back into my uterus. And as far as reprimanding, you can't yell at a kid with Asperger's, it just doesn't work. I'm not saying we haven't tried it  sometimes when completely frustrated, believe me, I'm sure you've have your days too.  None of us is perfect. LOL.  He just shuts down. 

That is something we have to work on. I can just see that in the working out so well in the workplace; his boss yelling at him and HistoryBoy just not responding. But he is a teenager now and we expect some non-responsive-ness as well.  It's "normal" right? LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment