Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, January 31, 2014

why is my childhood remade?

Did you ever walk down the aisle of a toy store and see your favorite childhood toy but it wasn't? Why do they do that?  
Examples:

RAINBOW BRITE
This was one of my faves growing up. I was Rainbow Brite for Halloween 3rd and 4th grade! My mom made the costume for me. It was AWESOME!!  (love you mom!)  
This IS Rainbow Brite

This is NOT Rainbow Brite.   


Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake was not trendy. She wore a patched dress and striped tights! Why does she have to be trendy and wear what is "in." That's not what the dolls and series were all about. She's been made over TWICE since I had these dolls... REALLY? 


My Strawberry Shortcake

1st Redo - 
At least I can see the resemblance to my dolls in this one...
2nd Redo (REALLY?)



Care Bears
Another fave in our house growing up.  This one isn't as bad.  The made them "cuter" if possible and added a few and got rid of others.  My son loved the new TV series when he was a toddler, but it still wasn't the same. The were made younger sort of. 
"OUR" Care Bears
NEW Care Bears

Thundercats
I loved this TV show and I understand why people wanted to bring it back because it was a great show but....

This IS Thundercats...

Um, Thundercats?

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
With his 80s bob haircut, maybe he was do for a reboot, but no one really watched it...

This was just for fun and there are ALOT of others.  How many times has Transformers been redone?  Too many to count I think.  TMNT, MMPR and others.  Maybe if I come up with some good one (or you suggest some) I will do another blog like this. 








No comments:

Post a Comment