Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ok, So Maybe My Body Can't Handle Water Aerobics

I decided to try out the resorts Water Aerobics program the morning. I go to the pool and stretch myself. Nothing too strenuous, just enough to feel a little tied and need the hot tub and then go back to the pool to cool off. But my mom asked me to join her, so I decided to.

B.A.D. Idea. Well... maybe just a not so great idea after a not so great night of not sleeping. But I wasn't feeling tired. I felt ok. The workout started out fine. Just a warm-up, just like I do myself mostly, sort of a jog in place although I do it out in deeper water, which may have been the difference here. It felt like we warmed up FOREVER. At first I was fine, it was fun, but then, the warm-ups made me exhausted, and we hadn't even started the actual workout yet.

Once we started the actual workout, first my body gave a weak tired protest, like please no more, we need a rest. I pushed a little more. So my body retaliated by giving my a horrible pinch in my back which I never get working out in the water. I had to give up working out and just dangle in the water and periodically just bicycled my legs a little and tried to stretch my back out. My body gave me a weak, "told you so", which I grudgingly acknowledged.

When the workout was over, I walked carefully to the stairs of the pool and couldn't believe how hard it was to walk out of the pool. My legs felt like lead. I usually feel tired, but not achy and completely sore after the pool, so maybe I am not up to their workout and should stick with my out "easy does it" work out. At least my body won't fight me on it. I made it to the hot tub to soothe the aches but I am going to need to take a nap to rejuvenate my body. I usually take one after lunch. Unfortunately I don't think I will make that today. Oh well. Live and learn.

Until tomorrow.

Feel free to leave a comment or email at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment