Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, July 8, 2011

Sleeping With an Octopus

As most of you are aware, we are on the "Get Me Healthy" trip. As with most vacations, you share beds as needed. For this part of the trip it has been my mom and dad and HistoryBoy with me. So my mom and dad share a bed (King Size) and HistoryBoy and I in the other. And one glorious night he wanted to sleep with them and I got a bed to myself! WOOHOO! lol!

Now him sleeping in bed with me is a practice I have been weening him off of at home. He is 10, he should be in his own bed, blah blah blah. But it is harder to do that on vacation when all you have is a pull out sofabed to share. Hey HistoryBoy, why don't you sleep on the floor tonight. No, I really didn't say that, because he night just do it.

So anyway, we are sharing a full/queen bed which should be enough space you would think for us. BUT somehow it is not. I seem to end up on the last 6 inches almost off of the bed, with limbs wrapped all over me. I swear he grows extra legs and arms in his sleep. I remove one and there are two more to take its place, like a hydra from Greek mythology! I am not kidding! He can't get close enough.

One night I swear I awoke I was wearing HistoryBoy as a pillow/hat. I do not know how it happened or why he thought it was a comfortable position but believe me it wasn't for me. I awoke to an arm in my face and a foot in my stomach. I still boggle at how he got there without me noticing him. I am usually a fairly light sleeper. I must has been TOO tired to care about anything.

I have finally found a sort of cure for it. I have to put a line of pillow down the middle of the bed and he has to fall asleep before I do. If I fall asleep first, he moves them and the purpose of the pillows is lost because he cuddles up right next to me and OctopusBoy is back. He sleeps great and my sleep is not so great at best. If he falls asleep first he cuddles the pillows rather than me but he can still reach me over the pillows if he wants to hold my hand or something like that and as long as I don't move the pillows in my sleep which I have done at least once (I woke up less than 5 min later because HistoryBoy was suddenly THUMP against me) it works! YEAH! GO ME! Sleep! oooo! ahh! zzzzzz!

I hope you have enjoyed my little tales about trying to get some sleep while sharing a bed with HistoryBoy. Maybe you have a similiar tale with your little one! I think most parents do!

Until next time... I would love to hear from you so feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment