Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, November 10, 2014

REBLOG: Easter Sunday started out well... (reposted from 04/24/11)

Part 1: The Easter Bunny made his yearly visit we got ready for church, minimal hassle. We got to
church early and got a seat in the balcony which my son from here on called HistoryBoy loves. I personally have trouble walking up the stairs with my hip but that is another issue entirely, but it makes him happy and he will behave all through mass. All is going well until about halfway through he tries to stand the kneeler up. Apparent it was not attached to the pew so it flips over and off under the pew ahead of us. HistoryBoy just shut down. We got the kneeler back in place but he just put his head in his lap and rocked for a few min. I got him back on track mostly by the Our Father, but he was still a little off. Mass ended, crisis over or averted sort of...

Part 2: We decided to go to the Train Station for lunch. We love the food there. HistoryBoy love it because any of you who know him know his first love was trains long before he was the HistoryBoy we know and love. We were seated and ordered and everything was fine, until a bee entered our area.  HistoryBoy cannot be in the same room as a bee. We shooed the bee away, got he re-settled down and the bee came back and he ran out of the room and wouldn't come back. We ended up having to eat our meals in the other room from my parents because the bee was still happily buzzing a the outside tables where my parents were eating.

Part 3: After a rest for myself at home, we went to my mom's to help with Easter dinner prep. HistoryBoy stood on the steps waiting, watching out the window for a full hour, waiting for my brother to arrive with my 2 yr old nephew. He wouldn't move from that spot until they arrived because he didn't want to miss them getting here.

Part 4: It was a long day. Dinner was great, Everybody ate everything they wanted. But HistoryBoy is
exhausted and now easily upset because he is tired. We give him two chores to do, but apparently that was too many, he crashes and burns a starts to bang his head against the wall tonight 3 times them he stops. I tried to get him to stop this behavior but he tells me it calms him, so while it scares the craps out of me it makes him feels better, I think I need the psychologist to explain that one to me...

Each piece had its good parts and each piece had a Aspie trait show up. But if my experiences help you, then it has done some good. :) Look forward to hearing from you

I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment