Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, November 17, 2014

The Hopes and Dreams of HistoryBoy Part 1

We have done a lot of talking HistoryBoy and I.  He is so smart yet can be so afraid of the world because of its reaction to him.  He gets over excited when he has something he wants to say and he words just tumble out.  He can't stop his flow of words once he gets started and not everyone is ok with that.


We've been talking lately about what he wants to do when he grows up because while college is over 4 years away, he needs to be thinking about a direction.  Not that anything is set in stone or has to be but we have to plan now so that he is prepared when the time comes, no surprises. He still panics from time to time when I mention the fact he will have to have a life plan and move out once he is an adult.  (I am not kicking him out but I want him to know he needs to have a plan and a goal)


HistoryBoy, as I mentioned in my blog the other day, has found his niche.  He is a gifted vocalist, and no that is not just me being proud mama (although I am).  He has been bugging me for years to do our local theater, but we always had my get healthy trips to Florida in the summer so it wasn't possible.  Well this summer, they were performing Camp Rock.  He begged me to please let him to it.  

So we did not go to Florida this summer, and HistoryBoy not only auditioned, HE GOT THE LEAD in the play.  My HistoryBoy, the quiet, inside himself kid, opened himself up and showed what he was made of.  He went from the kid who in the beginning of summer didn't talk and sat by himself with his toys or ipad to walking in and kids saying Hi HistoryBoy and his answering back and him sitting and chatting with them before rehearsals began for the day. IT WAS AMAZING!  I am so proud of him!  And those of you who know us, you know how truly amazing this really has been.  I am hoping for nothing but good things now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment