Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, November 7, 2014

Where oh where has my HistoryBoy gone!?!

Do you remember that little boy I used to write about?  The one who melted down all the time, who couldn't go out to without melting down because of over stimulation.  Well my HistoryBoy (who really wants me to start using his real name in my blog so he can be "famous") is really coming into his own.

Every child needs that, espcially our Aspies who feel so isolated so much of time.  They want to fit in so bad and interact like everyone else and don't know how.  So, what changed? Did I wave a magic wand and suddenly he was no longer autistic? No, it wasn't that easy.  He's still autistic, still, ADHD and has epilepsy to top that all off, so no, none of those issues have gone away. 

SO what has changed you ask, history himself has changed. He found that niche for himself where he excels and has made friends there. He found something he loves and is very good at (if I do say so myself) and he is accepted for himself, a group of peers who look and see the "real" HistoryBoy and his talent. What more could a mom ask for?




No comments:

Post a Comment