Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Blogging has made me feel like I am back to being myself again.  I know I will have days where I don't write, and I know you will understand because you also have a life and understand how overwhelming life can be at times.  

As always, I am trying to get healthy and stay that way.  I still haven't mastered that skill. I will feel ok for maybe a day, so I try to get a few things done.  Vacuum or do some laundry.  It wipes me out. So a lot of days these things done get done.  I am grateful that Angus and HistoryBoy are helpful (when they want to be LOL)  HistoryBoy is at an age where it could be a fight to get anything done, yet he if I ask he simply does the chore for me, whether it is simply carrying a load of laundry from one room to another for me because I can't lift it, or taking out the garbage.  He grumbles every once in a while, but he still does it and doesn't truly give me a hard time. 

I am grateful for this, especially at this time of year, when the cold is beginning to feel like it is seeping into my bones and take root.  I can't get warm and stay warm, and my hands simply hurt, just because its cold. It might be 68 degrees inside with the heat on, but some days I am still wearing gloves inside.  If it is 60 degrees outside I need gloves in my pocket because my hands will start hurting if I am outdoors too long. 

Even though I have these problems, I have Angus and HistoryBoy, who truly want what is best for me, even if some days they don't understand why I am not feeling well, or how I can go from feeling ok one moment to miserable the next.  When I need help, they do their best to give me what I need, whether it's time to lie down and simply leaving me be, or carrying the things for me that I can't, or taking care of the things that I am simply not up to. I don't know where I would be without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment