Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, August 19, 2011

Memories of What Is To Come.

I thought I would relay some humor and struggles that I know are about to start up as school starts up again, and I am SO looking forward to it...

Some days things just don't go your way...

This is how a Tuesday started out (several months ago)

The day started out ok, if slowly for me. I was still recouping from overdoing it last week so when I snooze the wake up alarm to get my son up for school, it is not surprising. I felt achy, so I call my dad and ask if he can take HistoryBoy to school because I feel not quite up to the task the morning. He says ok, and I begin my morning task of getting myself out of bed and HistoryBoy ready for school.

Waking him is an effort this morning. He clings to me like a lifeline. "Cuddle me please" "HistoryBoy, It is already late, you need to get a shower and get ready. Your grandpop will be here to pick you up for school shortly." "But mom I didn't get cuddles" I think leeches cling less. I finally peel all the tentacles off and am able to aim HistoryBoy in the direction of the bathroom and I am even nice enough to start the shower running for him and push him in that direction while I got see what I can make or breakfast.

Normally, it would be a banana oatmeal but I decide to do mini (microwave) pancakes because it is quicker and I really do not feel up to standing in the kitchen long. Ok, breakfast made. Let's see how much progress has been made in the bathroom. Apparently, none. Instead of a clean HistoryBoy, the is a Lego/ WWII battle going on in the shower. When I tell him, ok let's go, time to get dressed, he starts to cry and says but I didn't get washed. We have started off well haven't we. Ok, HistoryBoy, close up your battle and get washed, 2 minutes, Grandpop will be here. Did you get your clothes out? "No, I thought you were going to do it when you made breakfast."

I wonder if he thinks I have a magic dresser for him in the kitchen that pops out clothes while I try to "cook" Ok, yes the washer and dryer are in the kitchen but I did not do laundry today, did I? He whines the whole time he has to get out. He didn't have enough time in the shower. Now there is a knock at my door, it's my dad here to take his royal sluggishness to school for me and he is standing here naked in a towel. HistoryBoy then tells my dad "Mom didn't get me clothes, that is why I am still naked." I didn't kill him, no I didn't... It took ALOT of restraint on my part.

My dad got him off to school and I went back to bed. Hello Day, can we start over?

1 comment:

  1. And just think this year it will be a whole hour and 15 minutes earlier. UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete