Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What Is Your Favorite ...?

Has your Aspie child been asked this "What is your favorite ?" question about anything? HistoryBoy gets this question about whatever he is playing with or talking about. He can never seem to just choose one. Although he and I know he has a favorite but he just can't chose it when asked, why is that?

I'll give you this as an example. HistoryBoy what is your favorite TV show that is shown on TV now. Now I know what his current favorite TV show is, he talks about, we laugh about it. (YES IT IS AN ACTUALLY CHILDREN'S SHOW YAY!!!) and note I also worded the question so he will not include his DVD collection of TV shows no longer on TV which could outweigh current TV. "Mom, I have 3, no 5 favorites or maybe 6" 5 is fine HistoryBoy. See what I mean.

Ok, Let's hear your list.
"Well, number 5 is Modern Marvels." Why do you like it? "You learn about cool stuff like engineering disasters or innovations. I really like stuff like that. Number 4 is Destroy Build Destroy. It's game show race to build a better machine that your opponents then blow theirs ups. It's awesome. Number 3 is Cash Cab, the original one, not Cash Cab Chicago." Why do you like it? "Sometimes I am good at the trivia. I know the history. I don't know all the answers though. But it is fun to watch with you, mom." (There was a hug given in there) Number 2 is a tie between Wild Kratts and Myth Busters. I can't decide which I like better. Why? "Wild Kratts is just awesome with the animals. Zaboomafoo would be on my list if it was still on. The Kratt Brothers are cool so they would be on my list twice." Ok, and Myth Busters? Myth Busters ALWAYS blow something up just because they can." Which brings up to number 1. "Number 1 is Phineas and Ferb. They are brothers. They have a pet platypus and they drive their sister insane. It is so funny."

All of that was to find out his one favorite TV show, which I knew was Phineas and Ferb. Please do not ask him which is his favorite plane, battleship or WWII battle unless you are looking to have a conversation of at least 30 minutes or more with my son. He will go into detail. I asked for detail here because I knew I would get some and not on others. But imagine that when he decides to give you a list of 10, with several ties in there.

His mind is AMAZING. The fact that is can use and store all the information he does makes me wish I had half of his brain capacity. Ok, maybe I did at one point, but I think it leaked out! LOL

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Until tomorrow.

Email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment