Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Insights into the Mind of an 11 Year Old

These little nuggets of info come straight from the horses mouth... Or rather HistoryBoy mouth as it were.

HyperGirl: "She is my best friend. She is pretty much a female version of me."

Random-ness: "Ahhhh" What's wrong? "There are three of me in this mirror with bed head!" I nod in agreement. "Wow! Imagine Three of me! I think that is too many HBs don't you, mom?"Definitely! I don't think I could handle 3 of you. "Yeah two of me could take over the world! Three of me would take over the whole universe!" W

Cellphone: HistoryBoy just turned 11 and is not allowed to have a cell phone although he really wants one. So here are some pieces I think you will enjoy.

1> Why do you need a cell phone? "So I can call you or text you when I get out of school." We will 5 minutes from the school, your bus comes right after school to drop you off. What part would I miss? "But I could TEXT you. You LOVE texting!"

2> HistoryBoy and I have come to an agreement about the cellphone. When he no longers misplaces his mp3 player and gameboy on a regular bases, then we can discuss a cellphone. Until I can ask his at anytime of day where those items are and he knows where they are, no cell phone. He agreed to it. He has asked about it a few times since and I simply ask, Where is your GameBoy? He says "I don't know," sighs and then walks away to go look for it.

3> (THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE) Now HyperGirl has a cellphone and has bugged HistoryBoy (when she knows where her cellphone is) about when he is going to get a cell phone so she can call or text him. I caught this conversation between them while they were playing one day. "When I are going to get a cellphone?" HyperGirl asked HistoryBoy. He replied to her when I stop losing my GameBoy." She asks "So when is that going to be?" Looking hopeful. HistoryBoy doesn't even look up from the game they are playing and says "Never." I nearly choked in the other room. At least he is honest!

Is it any wonder that I ADORE being his mom 99% of the time? The other 1% o the time I spend threatening him that I am going to sell him on eBay. When he tell me, "HAHA They are SO gonna want their money back!"

Leave a comment or email me
teenahope@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Well HG's phone was confiscated by mamma HG when her rather expensive phone went missing...she gets it back when I can upgrade or my phone is found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doodle got a cell phone last Christmas from Santa, but in Eric and my defense, it is only a TracPhone. I am pleased to say that I have only bought minutes 3 times, and her phone immediately doubles them. Now she came and said "I want a new cell phone" Me:"What is wrong with the one you have?" D:"I have to push the numbers alot to get a text to say something" M:"So did I on my first and second and third phones..." D:"I want to play games" M:"Get new games for your DS" D:"I want to take pictures" M: "Get a camera". Mom:1 Doodle:0

    ReplyDelete