Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Seriously... I'm Speechless!

So my little HistoryBoy comes home from school. He is doing well in school. He is getting good grades, and from all reports, he is doing well. Then I get a phone call. HistoryBoy isn't talking to the teacher in class. ?HUH? My kid? Not talking? Are you sure you mean my son? This is the kid we can't get to be quiet once he gets started so what is going on?

I try to sit down and talk to him. He sits down to eat lunch with me and I ask him about it. So HistoryBoy, are you not talking in class? He says Yes. Why aren't you talking? "I decided to be the quiet one." I nearly choked on my pizza. My kid the quiet one? I am not sure where this is all coming from and before I could get more out of him, he changed the topic and wouldn't answer anymore questions.

I talked to his teacher and yep, he isn't talking to her, he will talk to the other teacher, the aid, the other kids, but not to her. He will only give her hand signals and nod. I am trying to figure this out. There seems to be more going on here. I am wondering if my son is trying to drive his teacher insane, or if his aid told him to be quiet and he took it a little too seriously. So now I have to have a little sit down with him and get him to talk in class. Who would have thought I would actually have to ask my son to talk in class. Don't we usually want out children to be quiet in school, and I know that in the past my son has been one of those who cannot stop his flow of information. So we will see where this takes us.

Oh what fun. Middle School.


1 comment: