Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

So What, My Son Doesn't Like Your Noise, DEAL With It!

HistoryBoy has a bad habit of telling people to shut up, in public. Ok, we have gotten him to MOSTLY not say shut up but he still turns to me and ask me, "Can you please make them BE QUIET?!," as if I have some magic noise control over the universe and the people in it. In his world I do, I guess, up until now, I have modulated the noises as necessary, kept us away from the noisiest venues, brought along his head set when I thought he might need them.

But he is adapting on his own now, for the most part. He has been doing well. He has those headsets, but he doesn't use them all that much unless it is going to be REALLY loud. He knows how to modulate the noise for himself to a certain extent, but sometimes, a baby crying, or a couple arguing, and he just can't take it. It's as if his brain reached critical mass and is going to explode if you do not shut up right now. LOL

I feel bad for the mom of the baby, it's not her fault my son can't handle it. My son was probably that baby or that screaming kid at one point, and I point that out to my son. He tries to cope but I guess there are just certain noises that he just CANNOT tolerate for more than a certain amount of time. It is to the point where I am not going to force the issue, I just let HistoryBoy move on. Get out of this area HB. I am not done shopping for what I need but You can go stand at the end of the aisle and wait for me. He is old enough now.

As he gets older, I hope it gets better. I really do not want to see him doing this a few years from now, but he is 11 and it's a progressive thing right? So for now, everyone will just have to deal with the fact that my son doesn't want to deal with your noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment