Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, November 11, 2013

Being a Mom

I love being a mom. I don't know if I can ever say that enough. It is a hectic, sometimes thankless job, but watching him grow and change everyday is AMAZING. He has grown from a child who struggled everyday to handle noises, distraction and generally being overwhelmed by the world to a tween/teen who know what his limitations are.  


  • He can say Mom I NEED to get out of here now when he can't handle the situation or is going into sensory overload.  
  • He can tell me Mom I need another pill, my medication is wearing off and I need it to help me stay calm.
  • He has his own tastes in movies and music that are no longer just listening and watching what I do.  
  • He is a compassionate, caring, loving young man who wants to help and will help anyone who needs it.
  • He has a love of music that is wonderful to see and a beautiful voice to match.

I am profoundly grateful that God gave me such a wonderful present, even if I wasn't quite ready for it. He knew what he was doing and I can't imagine my life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment