Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, November 18, 2013

Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas

Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas is a beautiful song he wrote to his wife who suffers from an autoimmune disease like Lupus.  (I had heard it was Lupus but who knows) If you've never heard this song, you need to listen to the words, and watch the video. Lately it speaks so strongly to how I feel.  Waking up with my body screaming, knowing I can't give in but wanting to so badly.

"Oh what the hell she says
I just can't win for losing
And she lays back down"


I can't say how many times I have felt this way.  I have been trying to handle this and not let it get to me or even let on how bad I feel, maybe that is why this song keeps making me cry almost every time I hear it lately.  

You may not believe me but my body thinks it is about 60 years old, while I am in reality 37.  I just want to feel better.  No, I don't want another medication that will maybe help.  I am on so many medications, that I feel like a pharmacy. Some of my friends call me and ask me about this or that medication because they know that I know a lot about various meds between myself and HistoryBoy.  

There is nothing I can really do to prevent my body from wreaking havoc on itself.  Most of the time, I just deal with it, get used to it and move on... but I lately wish it didn't always hurt so bad.  



There is a great article that talks more about it.

2 comments:

  1. This song has also become my "theme song" ... I have Lupus, and while I'm lucky for the past year to be in a sort of remission... I always fear the dark days of not being able to do anything. xoxo Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hat the song is for me too. I have been up and down the past few years and I think this songs says so much.

      Delete