Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Needing A Nap

Summers are my "GetHealthy" time.  We go to Florida to rest and I try to to just that... Get healthy.

Especially on my "Get Healthy" trips, I am making sure I stick to my naps. If I verge from the norm, how will I get healthy? HistoryBoy is used to it, mostly. Although instead of his just using his books or the computer to amuse himself, he has his grandmom and grandpop. Two years ago, my brother and his wife and their son are here also, so he is in happy, mostly. He gets along great with my nephew, Happy, who was only 2 1/2 at the time.  HistoryBoy loves showing his planes off, or his cars, or books and Happy is only to willing to go wherever HistoryBoy leads.

I need those naps, which sucks.  If I avoid them or miss because I doing something else, I crash and burn.  My body just pretty much shuts down on me. I can only push too far and I could be sitting there next to you holding a conversation and simply fall asleep.  

My problem is how will I ever function like a normal person again if I keep giving into my body and not pushing, or is this simply my new normal and I have to adjust and not expect more?  

I keep hoping once day I will just wake up and I will feel good. As I get older I know that it isn't going to happen simply because I am getting older, more quirks and problems arise as you get older.  No, I am not old but I feel like I am sometimes.  

I need my body to cooperate and so far the only way to do that is by letting it have the naps it wants or needs to function.  It sucks, but what else can I do...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Glad you liked it! I checked out the blog. :-) Thanks

    ReplyDelete