Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hopefully Not...

Some of you know that HistoryBoy has been sick since just after school started.  It sucks.  His immune system is not fighting back the way it should. He is in and out of school.  Doc says it a virus, then another virus so no antibiotics to help his body fight back.  Now he is on one because he has been down and out so long.  

Doc is going to run tests, blood-work and such. Testing for Mono and such, but also for auto-immune like Lupus.  I am praying that it isn't the case.  He is 2 years younger than me when I was diagnosed and I can't help feel overwhelmed by the idea.  He is too young to have to worry about something like this.  I was too but I was more mature and had better social skills (I think lol) than he does.  

He loses so much ground being at home with just me, socially, I mean, I think.   I can be his mom, that's all. I can talk to him the same way I always do, but I know him and can intercept and dodge the information that is HistoryBoy's mind.  I've been navigating these waters for a few years now, lol. I can try to teach him how to interact with his peers but I can't be 13 and actually interact with him. 

We need a break around here. We need to be healthy and feel good, hopefully at the same time. It would be nice for a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment