Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Video Games...

Technology is a wonderful thing.  We can do so much, so much faster, it is amazing.  Yet it has its drawbacks. In our household we have a PC, an iPad, 3 laptops, and 2 smartphones.  This means that there is more technology than people in our home, unless our pets start learning to log on.  And that list doesn't even include the gaming systems.  It is too much?

I am addicted, I know I am, especially to social media.  Facebook and Twitter are my drugs.  I am trying not to pass this on to my son, but he has been using technology since he was less than 2 years old.  I think its build into his DNA.  LOL.  I know it can be a bad thing, especially for a child with obsessive tendencies. SO I try to limit myself, so he sees it. Angus is just as bad as HistoryBoy though.  As soon as a new game comes out that he is interested in, he gets it and plays it until he beats it.  I sort of lose my husband for days or weeks, depending on the difficulty of the game.  There goes our family time and alone time...


I won't say I have never played them.  In fact there are some I love and still play but I know what my limits are (or should be).  I try to play when he isn't home, so I am not taking away *his* time with me.  However, he doesn't see it that way.  He wants to play the games and finding the balance is very difficult.  How much is too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment