Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Questions I Should NOT Have to Answer About My Blog

I interrupt my normally scheduled blog for a Tribute to Dumb People.

I apologize if you are reading this now and are one of the people who follow my blog and emailed me these questions. But I felt the need to address it, because well to me it is silly. And I think at least some of you will think so too! If you sent the email in fun, then take this in the same spirit.

Dear Teenahope, Why are you writing about running off with a cabana boy and now you have added a picture of the week when your blog is supposed to be talking about dealing with Asperger's.

If I want to write something stupid or silly in my blog, it is my blog, right? Just because I said it is about me and my lupus and my son and his ADHD and Asperger's doesn't mean I can't take a flying leap off the edge sometimes when I need to. Sometimes I need to. We all do. Anyone who has a problem with it, just bite me, don't email about it, ok?


Dear Teenahope, Don't you think some of what you write is not what your readers want to see. You flip flop back and forth between serious issues and silliness. I started reading your blog because you seemed care about what you wrote. If your aim is to be popular you should listen to what I have to say.

I am writing my blog for me and for you, but mostly for me. When I realized that I was relating stories about my son to different friends who needed to hear about what it was like on the spectrum, I realized I needed to put my voice out there. But I also needed to do it for me. It helps me relax. I used to write all the time when I was younger, but I stopped. Life cropped up. There wasn't time. You know how it goes. But I can now. I will now. I need to now. Some of it will be funny, some it won't be. This is not said to be mean but if you do not like what my blog has to say, DON'T READ IT! It is really that simple. :)


Teenahope, I can sympathize with you having an almost teenager but I think you just need to be firmer with your son. Make listen him to you. You are his mom after all.

I am not asking for your sympathy. Asperger's is a real issue that my son deals with every day, whether you believe it or not. I am spreading awareness. There is a difference. If you don't know the difference it you who have the problem, NOT ME!


Teenahope, Is HistoryBoy his real name?

No, HistoryBoy is NOT his name. In fact, his real name comes from the bible but we call him by a bunch of other nicknames too including Precious, Monkey Boy and Captain Oblivious just to confuse him. Thanks for asking.



(I recieved 2 emails asking this ABSURD question and someone else asked me what I had said because they know HistoryBoy and it was too funny NOT to know what I had responded)
Dear Teenahope, Please tell me you didn't give HistoryBoy a demonstration of the Birds and the Bees.

We did NOT give HistoryBoy a demonstration on the Birds and the Bees. Just to clear the air, I apologize for my abrupt ending to "Animal Planet and the Bird and the Bees", but I thought most would find it funny. We simply said, "No HistoryBoy, that is not appropriate. When you are much older and married you may have sex, and may demonstrate with your wife but until then, no." He looked at me, wondering if I was serious. Deciding that I was, he say "Ok." and left the room. My husband and I proceeded to grab pillows, pull them over our heads and scream with laughter. Does that make the story better for you? But no, there were no demos involved. I think maybe a glass of wine or two after we got him in bed was deserved. DEFINITELY NEEDED!

Feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment