Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Body Loves the Water

I wake up achy every day. I do not think there has been a day in years where that hasn't been true. I take medication to help, it does to a certain extent, but I still ache. It comes with the territory. Lupus, Fibromyalgia and Migraines are not friends. They do not give a guarantee to n ot argue with one another or be angry with my body at the same time. It would be nice if they did, I would be much happier but such is life.

But I have come to find out that my body loves the water. I always loved the water as I child and as a teenager I was on the swim team. I LOVED it. I couldn't get enough. Especiallyin the summer, I loved the beach, the ocean was the water I swam in or Atsion Lake, where we would go as a family, I would spend hours in the water.

Now, the pool, I rotate between relaxing in te water and doing a little exercising and then sitting in the hot tub, to doing a little exercising in the pool. It is only when I get out of the water that my body feels any aches. If I could live in the water, it would be AWESOME. Can I carry a pool around with me? Keeping my joints nice and limber? My hips and back don't ache nearly as bad. Even my hands don't hurt as bad, which is amazing. I love that I can use my hands in the water.

I know when I go back home I will miss this part of our make me healthy trip the most. I will have to get in the habit of going to the gym and using the pool more and see if it has the same effect at home. My body is still achy when I wake up here but I am using the pool to try to ease it.

Until tomorrow...

Feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

2 comments: