Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making in Through Monday

I meant this to go up last night but Murphy’s Law, or maybe it is just me. But anyway, after our adventures of past weekend, I should have allowed for some time to rest as was needed to me to recoup, but as usual I thought I could handle it all and come home and pack for our trip to Florida, which HistoryBoy and I were leaving for on Tuesday morning. Great planning on my part…

HistoryBoy’s last day of school was Monday. He was so tired and worn out from the weekend; I needed a shovel to get him out of bed. AND the last day of school was basically a carnival for the kids, and a day to pick up report cards. He was not missing it. I knew how he felt though. I was scraping myself out of bed as well but I knew I had to get him to school and get stuff done today if we were going to leave tomorrow.

I finally did get him off to school. How bad is it to be late on the last day of school? Do they give awards for bad parent of the year? When I left him at school, he was sitting with his class on the grass by the black top waiting for their turn in the kick ball tournament but he had his head on his knee and was falling asleep. HyperGirl seemed to be nudging him every so often so maybe he wouldn’t fall all the way to sleep.

I get back to my house and begin packing. I get a phone call, do I want to come visit my Grandmom before I leave. I said Of course HistoryBoy and I would come over when he gets out of school as it is only a half day. I get as much done as I can which isn’t a lot and I have to crash for a little bit until HistoryBoy gets home because I am just too tired. I am achy and need sleep. My aunt comes to pick us up and we head to my Grandmom’s.

We have a nice visit but you can tell both HistoryBoy and I are tired. HB is playing with his cars and keeps bringing my aunt over to see them but isn’t talking about anything else and really won’t answer other questions without A LOT of prodding from me, usually it takes a reminder of Your GG asked you a question for him to pay attention or to respond, but he is in single mind mode only, please do not disturb. He has been playing with Cars cars (ie from the movie Cars) and having races in preparation I guess for the new movie coming out Friday, who know.

My aunt drops me at my mom’s house so I can have dinner. I am completely zonked but we should eat food and my brother is going to take me home after dinner. After dinner I go home finish packing as best I can with a tired brain, and believe me when I unpack, I realize how tired I was and I C.R.A.S.H. Apparently HistoryBoy is too excited about vacation and can’t sleep now even though he is exhausted. I tell him as long as he doesn't keep me awake, lie down on the sofa, keep the T.V. low, and have at it. I do not know what time he fell asleep. I was asleep before I hit the pillow. Tomorrow off to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment