Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Still One of Those Days

I apologize that there was no blog on Saturday to my followers but I have been sick and today wasn't much better. I think it started Thursday, with a mild headache, from the heat. Our a/c was broken and it was 100* so I felt slightly more than miserable.

I had someone coming out to fix it. And he did, but the heat had already taken its toll on me. I called my doctor on Friday and got an appointment for Saturday morning. I barely made it through Friday, although I did post a blog. :) I alternated between being nauseous and sleeping. I couldn't even really eat anything either.

Turns out it was a combination of the heat, migraine and a sinus infection. As if one of those wasn't enough for me to deal with, YEAH! So now antibiotics and lot of rest and fluids. Sounds like my normal day. lol.

Well there was a blog up yesterday because lucky for me, a picture of the day was suggested to me by a friend of mine a while back and I made that up in advance. So it was all ready to go, but today I was feeling a little better and figured after I got HistoryBoy off to school, I'd write it up. Things didn't quite work out that way.

One the way to school, HistoryBoy is chattering away and then says he feels weird and then pukes all over himself. Needless to say, he didn't go to school. We go home, get him cleaned up. I call the pediatrician, and my mom (for a ride) and we head out. HistoryBoy most likely has strep but doc wants to do bloodwork. Major Meltdown in the office over this.

Now it is time to have to try to get the bloodwork done. It takes 5 of us holding him to get it done and it still isn't pretty. He is in full autistic mode now, rocking and shrieking. I feel bad for him and I am also glad there are no other children in the waiting room to be scared out of getting their bloodwork by his outburst.

All I want to do is go home now. He is exhausted. I am exhausted. But I need to make one more stop and I am hoping we will both live through it. I need to go to the pharmacy and get the prescription the doc gave me for him. That was a mistake too. He was done. I should have had Angus go to the pharmacy when he got home or figured out some other way of getting there. He was so wrung out he melted down right there in the store and started crying.

We are home now. He is lying down on the sofa zoning out to a World War II documentary. (his choice) and I have flopped on my bed, trying to ease the aching in my head and joints. Hoping it gets better from her. Until tomorrow...

Feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment