Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Class Trip

Today is HistoryBoy's first real class trip and I am not able to go. It kinda sucks. It's not that I would not have been welcomed. I would have. I am just not physically up to it. 6 hours outside in the heat and sun. My body would wilt very shortly. The are going to a day camp, swimming and playing and having fun. I am hoping it will be fun for him. After yesterday, it can only get better, so here is keeping our fingers crossed.

But I am still sitting here wishing I had the energy to be there with him. To be enjoying the sites with him. Maybe it's better I am not. Maybe he needs time away like this on a trip without his comfort zone with him. I will find out how he did today. I am hoping it was wonderful experience for him. I haven't received a phone call so at least I know it wasn't terrible.

I know he is only 10 and I want to protect him the best I can. But I am not going to be able to be there for him every day. Some days I will not feel up to things and some trips I will not be allowed to go. So maybe it is good he did this one on his own, even if he and I were both a little upset at first that I couldn't go. I need to let him go just a little and he needs to be able to stand on his own without me. Otherwise, what are we working towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment