Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Black and White and Shades of Grey

A friend of mine mentioned that Saturday's blog "More of HistoryBoy and HyperGirl" was all about the shades of grey that our Asperger's "Give it to me in black and white" kids can't read, which entirely true. What amazes though is that my little guy has muddled so well through my world of Lupus which is nothing but shades of grey. Nothing is ever black or white, unless I am having a really good day or a really bad day, it is all shades of grey for me.

Today I may wake up to find I have energy to do things but it will run out by lunchtime, so HistoryBoy with see me ok in the morning but done in when he gets home from school. Tomorrow I may still be done in and in bed but I get him off to school but I am feeling better and able to do something with him after school. And the day after that I may be in bed all day. Yet he is able to adjust to it. He will sit with me, bring his homework to me, and I will fight him to get it done. Then he will watch *gasp* the history channel, or history ONdemand because that's how we roll. Lol.

I still worry how he will handle the shades of grey out there, just because he handle them at home with me, does not mean he can handle outside of it as you could see in "More of HistoryBoy and HyperGirl," but it is a process, a learning process. So with each experience I hope he is getting a little more in comfortable with that part of himself, of expressing himself, so that next time he won't be afraid of the grey area.

I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me at teenahope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment