Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, January 10, 2014

AF Diet: Day 1 & 2,

For the next few weeks or so I am going to be interspersing my regular blogging with my Gluten-Free diet, info and recipes I have found or used.  Just a heads up...

So the AF diet is in full swing for me, but us yet.  Eventually I think the household will be gluten free but there is enough food in the house that isn't doesn't fit my diet that my guys are not yet strict about it.  Since I do the food shopping, I figure EVENTUALLY, we will be a gluten free household.  Dairy won't be eliminated because we still struggle to get History Boy to drink ENOUGH milk and he hasn't taken to ANY of the substitutes.


Day 1:

Breakfast: It turns out I planned to start my diet on January 1, 2014 but I didn't shop ahead of time so... The only fit for breakfast in out house was a yogurt, non-Greek but still probiotic and all that.

Lunch:  Angus and I headed to ShopRite and bought groceries for the week.  I have to say that while there MAY be more choices than there used to be, they are still MORE expensive than the normal alternatives. So I have a chicken breast (non-processed), on gluten-free bread with a little light mayo (Hellman's Olive oil mayo)  I have to say that the chicken was good but the bread was like Styrofoam and I was uneager to try it again.  Maybe if I had put more mayo on it, but that defeats the purpose of cutting out fat of processed meat and whatnot by adding more condiment fat. LOL

Dinner: We went out to dinner because my mom had a Groupon to Lazy Lanigan's and I ordered their Tomato Soup which they told me was Gluten Free and Grilled Chicken breast with grilled veggies.  It came with mashed potatoes but they has a butter/gravy on them and since I didn't know if it was gluten free and forgot to ask before I got it, I just passed on them. It was really good.

Snacks:  I had an apple and a banana for a snack, one in the afternoon and the other in the evening toward bedtime.

Day 2: 

Breakfast.  I tried Cream of Rice, which some of you know I posted tasted like wallpaper paste.  I added a
touch of butter and salt and raisins and it helped a little. I am going to try it again later, once I figure a recipe to enhance its taste.

Lunch:  I made Bush's baked beans and put in 2 Dietz & Watson hot dogs, which ARE both gluten free. I like pork and beans and even though hot dogs are not a low fat meat, the added protein I felt was needed.

Dinner: We went out to dinner again.  This time to the Seven Star diner.  I had the grilled Mahi Mahi (which was delicious) with apple sauce and a plain baked sweet potato. The meal came with soup but none were Gluten Free so I ordered the cream of chicken soup with rice and gave it to History Boy who downed it along with his own meal of spaghetti and meatballs.AND he still had room for dessert.  Ah what a 13 year old metabolism would be like to have. LOL

Snacks:  Again the apple and banana.  Other fruits are not on sale so since I am not supposed to eat too many canned fruits.  I'm sticking with the easy ones.

I have been drinking a lot of water.  Sometimes I put a drop of lemon in it to add flavor. I survived, my body is adjusting.  My stomach doesn't like me too much yet though. I tried Almond Milk and Rice Milk.  Neither settled my stomach like cow's milk does but we'll see how it progresses.

More tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment