Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Monday, January 20, 2014

My AF Diet ~ Days 12, 13 & 14

It is still going.  I will survive this diet if it kills me!!

Day 12: (Sunday, January 12, 2014)

Breakfast: I had Cinnamon Chex today.  I enjoyed them with rice milk. I also a glass of OJ.


Lunch:  I think I may have skipped lunch as I cannot remember eating anything other than 2 clementines in the afternoon, but I was in bed most of the day not feeling well. I think ate an applesauce as well.  I really wasn't feeling well, that is my only explanation for not knowing. LOL. I just remembered I ate a slice of Udi's GLuten Free White Sandwich Bread, it was frozen when it came but I thawed it and it wasn't too bad. The crust was a little tough but the bread itself was soft and very like white bread.

Dinner: Since, I was feeling sick so Angus made dinner for us, under my direction.  We had grilled chicked (seasoned simply with meat tenderizer and Italian Seasoning), little gold potatoes and steamed carrots. Gluten/Dairy Free and yummy.  AND I didn't have to cook! YAY! 

Snacks: I had two clementines today and again a piece of Dove Dark Chocolate, and check out 2 articles about why it is good for me (articles from Prevention.com)!


I am getting the hang of it.  I have still not noticed a difference yet, but it could be because not I am sick with pleurisy and feeling completely under the weather.

Day 13:  (Monday, January 13, 2014)



Breakfast:  Today I tried Glutenfreeda's Maple Raisin with Flax gluten-free oatmeal. I didn't notice any difference in taste between it and my normal oatmeal. The big difference is price.  The oatmeal I normally buy is about $2.50, $1.69 on sale this past week for a box of 10, but the Glutenfreeda was over $5 for a box of 6. 







Lunch:  I slept through lunch today and woke in time to go to my Dr. appointment.  I ate a clementine to fill me up until I got home.  When I got home I went straight to bed so I didn't eat until dinner.

Dinner:  We went out since I did not feel like cooking and the lasagna I had "ready" to be prepared was beyond Angus' skill level. SO we went Ciconte's, a local eatery.  Unfortunately, the don't have many gluten-free choices. None of their entrees are, but they can make anything plain, but their cook "won't say that it will taste as good as when he uses his seasoning." I ate a salad, which was fine, I wasn't feeling good anyway.  I picked at it and then went home to bed.

Snacks: I had 2 Enjoy Life's Double Chocolate Brownie cookies.  For the girl who hasn't has cookies in two weeks, they were great! However, my hubby thinks I have lowered my standards. LOL. They weren't that bad.  Ok, they aren't as good as the homemade cookies we usually have but I haven't tested any gluten free cookie recipes yet. I ate a piece of Dove dark chocolate tonight after dinner.  I alsohad the clementine I mentioned earlier, but that's it.

Day 14: (Tuesday, January 14, 2014)

Breakfast: Today I tried Bob's Red Mill Quick Cooking Oats (gluten free).  They were easy to cook but plain, of course.  I added just raisins today to see how it was.  When I eat this again I will add a little brown sugar or maple syrup.   


Lunch:  For lunch I had the last of my leftovers of Bush's baked beans and franks. and a clementine. Then I went back to sleep. Too tired and feel rotten to make much else.  It is even hard to remember how to speel right now so you guys are lucky....

Dinner: I decided to make Gluten/Dairy Free Lasagna tonight.  I had bought Daiya Mozzerella Cheese.  It's gluten/dairy/soy free. So perfect for me. I found a recipe for gluten free ricotta, because there is no lasagna without ricotta.  Then I bought some brown rice lasagna to replace my regular pasta and instead of my mom's homemade meatballs and sauce, I am using (gasp, italian relatives rolling over in their graves) store bought Ronzoni Garden Delight Marinara and Giametti Sweet Italian Sausage Meat (we love the sausage meat here in our household, it's great with just about anything!) I was pleasantly surprised.  I was afraid that it would turn out to be awful.  Gluten/Dairy Free Lasagna sounds like an Italian's worst nightmare, but it was good!  Angus really like it.  Next time I will cook the pasta a little less and because I think it was a little too done (soft) by the time the lasagna finished.  It could be because I am used to different pasta as well. Check out my recipe below if you want to make it for yourself!

Snacks: I had a clementine and a coke today.  I think that is the first soda I have had in two weeks! Go me!


Recipe:
Prep: 
As I said above I used Daiya Mozzarella and this recipe to make a gluten/dairy free ricotta, which needs a few hours to set before use, so plan ahead.  

I used my Pasta Boat (I love it) to cook the lasagna pasta, but you can cook it however is convenient for you.  I just figured it could micro while I was cooking the meat and didn't have to keep an eye on it. :-)

I broke the meat up and placed it in a large skillet with some garlic garlic and Italian seasoning (my two faves) and covered for about 5 min (or until you hear it really start to sizzle) I then start flipping it around and break it up some more if needed, making sure I brown up all sides. Total cook time is about 15 - 20 min, depending on how high the heat, I use low heat so as now to burn it and to let seasoning flavor and extra fat burn out.


1.Once pasta and meat are cooked, using a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan, spray with cooking spray. (I use olive oil spray.)
2. Lay a thin layer of pasta sauce.
3. Then place side by side 3 pieces of pasta.
4. Place 6 teaspoon of of ricotta, evenly spaced (basically two on each piece of pasta)
5. Sprinkle liberally (as to your taste) mozzarella.
6. Sprinkle meat liberally.
7. Cover with pasta sauce.
8. Repeat steps 2 - 7 one more time.
9. Place one last layer of 3 pieces of pasta, cover with last of pasta sauce and sprinkle with Mozzarella.
10. Cover with foil, Preheat oven to 350* F and cook for 40 min or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment