Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Reason Why I Feel Rotten...


So I know why I have been feeling so crappy, it turns out I have pleurisy. If you don't know what that is, it's inflammation of the lining of the lungs. It's painful and draining. It hurts to breathe but it's not a good idea to shallow breathe because that can cause aeroli can collapse leading to bigger problems. I kinda figured this was what it was on Sunday when all I wanted to do was lie down but it hurt to do even that, so I took meds to knock myself out..

I've been lucky, this is the first time in 4 years I've had it. I used to get it every winter, starting in Winter 96. I remember because it was Christmas time and I worked at Macy's at the time. Then I had bronchitis as well. Oh my god, it was awful. Imagine having to cough all the time, and having your chest burn everytime you do, ah fun times.  At least this time, no bronchitis. Cure, wait it out, and take steroids to reduce inflammation. It's not contagious in itself but if a virus caused it, that could be contagious. So I am in bed, resting, eating if I feel up to it, and drinking lots of fluids. I am also taking Aleve, which has seemed to help more than ibuprofen for the pain.

I've made it this far through the winter, and this is my first knock-down, drag-out sickness. That's pretty good for me. I mean I've had sinus infections and sore throats but I was still semi-functional. Right now, I think I am at zero function. So off to bed I go. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment