Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Days 15 16, & 17 AF Diet

I am getting the hang of it.  I have still not noticed a difference yet, but it could be because not I am sick with pleurisy and feeling completely under the weather.

Day 15:  (Wednesday, January 15, 2014)


Breakfast:  I had Oatmeal again, this time I used Agave to sweeten it along with the raisins.  I think I needed to cook it a smidge more (I cooked it the same amount of time last time) but it didn't taste thoroughly cooked, but I was hungry and too lazy to heat it more, so I ate it. LOL


Lunch:  I slept through lunch, seems to me a theme lately.  I have to start feeling better.

Dinner: I made myself Amy's Rice Macaroni with Dairy Free
Cheeze, Made with Organic Rice Pasta.  I made the guys burritos but they weren't gluten free so... I went for this. It looked like regular mac and cheese but it didn't thrill me. It was just ok.  That isn't to say I won't try it again, I'm not feeling well so my taster could be off.  I'll give it a second try before I give a full opinion.

Snacks: I think I ate 3 clementines and a piece of dove chocolate.  I may have eaten 4 clementines though. LOL  Those things are little and easy to eat

Day 16: (Thursday, January 16, 2014)



Breakfast: I tried Honey Nut Chex today and I liked them, so did History Boy AND he ate them WITH milk.  He NEVER eats cereal with milk, so that was a plus. I ate mine with rice milk.  I really like cereal with rice milk.  I still miss milk, when I get a whiff every once in a while when I pour a glass for him I want to just down the gallon! LOL 



Lunch:  It was a late lunch because I my cough kicked up and I needed to take my cough med which knocked me out. I made Angus burgers for Angus, History Boy (home sick with a fever) and me.  I put their on Thin Sandwich bread which I used to love.  I made toast for myself out of Udi's Gluten Free White Sandwich Bread again.  I used a little Smart Balance on it and I really enjoyed it, much more than I had when it plain. Although I realized today that the Smart Balance I have is not dairy free, it contain Whey.  DOH! So do I have to start from scratch? It looks like I need to use Smart Balance® Light Buttery Spread with Flaxseed Oil, or Organic Buttery Spread which are Vegan... (that should be Dairy Free right?) or Light Omega-3 Buttery Spread or Light Buttery Spread made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which both say Gluten Free, not the one I am using which is only gluten free... Sigh.  At least I haven't used it very often or very much...

Dinner: I made pork chop tonight with a pineapple marinade. (recipe below).  I also made a vegetable stir fry medley using green and yellow zucchini, and red, orange and yellow peppers, which came out delicious if I do say so myself. I mixed the veggies with Explore Asian's Gluten Free Organic Black Bean Spaghetti

Snacks: I didn't have a snack yet today.  I really wasn't feeling up
to it, so sad... I think I am going to pop a piece of Dove chocolate in my mouth just because *that* is so sad...  After I wrote this in the afternoon, while making dinner, I decided to make gluten free, dairy free Vanilla Pudding for myself to be dessert for after dinner (see the recipe below). It turned out really well!! 

Day 17: (Friday, January 17, 2014)

Breakfast: I ate the Honey Nut Chex again with Rice Milk. 






Lunch:  I decided to try one of my purchases from the store I mentioned Gluten Free Dynasty.  I purchased Feel Good Foods Chicken Dumplings and Vegetable Eggrolls.  The Dumplings didn't turn out so well.  Apparently they must have defrosted on my way home.  (It was HistoryBoy's bowling day but I though it was cold enough... apparently not) SO when I attempted to cook them, they turned into a messy watery conglomeration that smelled to high heaven. I dumped the whole mess in the garbage.  I am going to purchase them again and make sure I head right home with my purchases! I am making the eggrolls right now so hopefully they turn out better!   

Dinner: I am making Gluten Free/Dairy Free Baked Ziti tonight.  :-) Impressed?  I figured I already made lasagna, so I can handle baked ziti. Although, as I did not plan completely ahead, I am using ground chicken in place of my sausage tonight. (Recipe below)

Snacks: I had a couple Gratify Gluten Free pretzel today and an applesauce with dinner. Also, I made Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats (Awesome Right?) Recipe below

Recipes:
Pinapple Marinade
This sweet, fruity marinade has the power of pineapple and cider vinegar to work its way into meat. Add to this a collection of flavors that turn any cut of pork or chicken into something truly great.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients:
1 cup crushed pineapple
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon powdered cloves
Preparation:
Mix all ingredients together and use immediately or store in airtight container for up to 7 days. I poured it right on my pork chops and let it sit in the fridge for an hour and then flipped then for another hour.

Cooking Pork Chop
Preheat Oven to 350*
Cook for 20 minutes
Remove from oven and flip chop
Replace in oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until completely cooked.

Vegetable Medley
1 yellow zucchini
1 green zucchini
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
2 tsp minced/chopped garlic (refrigerated kind)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Chop veggies to your preference.
On medium heat, pour olive oil and garlic in wok or medium fry pan.
mix in veggies.
cover stirring occasionally until cooked.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste

I mixed it this time with the black bean pasta.  I won't next time.  The pasta absorbed too much of the veggies garlic which I wanted the veggies to have. And the pasta needs some sort of sauce it was rather bland...

Vanilla Pudding
I searched for a recipe for a good replacement dessert.  I found that most milk replacement wouldn't' work for pudding BUT if you simply REDUCE the amount of milk alternative, apparently it will work with coconut and almond but not rice.

Ingredients
1 box of Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 - 2 cups of almond milk

First Mix 1 c of almond milk with the package of pudding. Mix thoroughly.  in 1/4 c increments, add more almond milk until it reached the desired consistency.  I found that with the almond milk I was using it took 1 1/4 c.  It may be differently depending on how think your milk is. (As a note I used Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk) It turned out pretty well. It was pretty close to real pudding. The bad this is that you realize that you can eat this small amount which is normally four dishes, in one sitting, and all those calories... So you can blow your diet to heck and I did... eeks!  Oh well... I will be good for a few days... LOL  I haven't had any real snacks in a while so I think it balances... (I hope it does anyway)

Baked Ziti
1 lb ground chicken
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp Tastefully Simple garlic garlic (or your garlic choice seasoning)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning

1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 jar gluten free pasta sauce (I used Priano Tomato Basil, it's the Aldi brand)
1/2 pkg gluten free pasta (I used Sam Mills Corn Rigatoni)
1/2 pkg Gluten Free/Dairy Mozzarella (I used Daiya Mozzarella)
Gluten Free/Dairy Free Ricotta (I used the left over from my Lasagna the other day) RECIPE HERE

In large skillet mix 1 lb ground chicken, and 1 can of diced tomatoes (completely drained) It adds flavor to chicken, stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and let simmer on medium heat until cooked. I noticed once it was cooking it needed a little more kick so I added 1 tsp chopped/minced garlic (refrigerated kind).  It made it perfect. 

Cook pasta to taste as you normally would.

Preheat over to 350*F
Spray 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray to prevent sticking.
I will usually do a layering like I do with lasagna but I was tired and lazy today so I got a big mixing bowl and tossed the meat, pasta, sauce and cheeses into it and stirred it all up. Once mixed up well enough, I poured the mixture into the baking pan. I sprayed a sheet of foil so it wouldn't stick to the top and covered it and stuck it into the oven for 40 minutes and enjoy. YUM!

Rice Krispie Treats
1/4 magarine or other dairy free spread
5 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Gluten Free Rice Krispies

Melt spread in large sauce pan.
Melt marshmallows over medium heat until melted, stirring constantly.
Once melted remove from heat and add rice krispie 2 cup at a time.
Place sheet of clear plastic wrap in a 9x13 cake pan
Scoop mixture in pan.
Use second sheet clear plastic wrap to press treats firmly into place.
Then cover, (let cool then enjoy!)




No comments:

Post a Comment