Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, January 18, 2014

History Boy and fun times... Not so much

I posted about last Monday (1/6/14), our non-verbal Asperger meltdown day. It was not a fun day and this week has progressed from there as he had a reaction to the antibiotics. So THAT was fun.  Running to the bathroom all night and the next day. Doc said it was just a reaction to the meds like I thought, but to keep him hydrated, which I have been doing and try to get him to eat. Hmmm, you get a kid who has a really sore throat, a tummy ache, upset intestines AND Asperger's to eat when he doesn't want to, go ahead doc, you try it. I did get him to eat soup as I said but that was really it for two days... 1 bowl of soup...


Now Wednesday I did get him to eat a Turkey burger for lunch!! He didn't eat breakfast, but it was first real food in days! He was still a more than a little off. He wasn't very talkative, and he was moody.  He would just sit and he played a video game and watched a video.  I don't know what the deal is, if he is just not feeling well or if it's just an off day. His neuro said the teens are tough on Aspies and the hormones play havoc with his system and moods just like any other kid but he won't handle it as well. (Goody!) I guess for a kid who has problems expressing himself already, throw hormones in and you've got a hellish mix. He is already on a mood stabilizer which has helped some and was just increased because of his growth splurt.  He grew about 1 1/2 in. in two months.  That would be enough to throw off your system too.  



I know A LOT of more deal with these issues, but up til now I've been able to help him even if only in a small now.  Now I feel more helpless. As he gets older, I am hoping I will figure out the key or maybe he will.  I can only pray. 

Just because, here is a link to a good article about Autism and stress

No comments:

Post a Comment