Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Friday, January 24, 2014

AF Diet ~ Days 18, 19 & 20

Day 18: (Saturday, January 18, 2014)

Breakfast: I ate Honey Chex again with rice milk. 


Lunch:  HistoryBoy had a Dr. appointment so we were out.  We stopped at Chik-Fil-A.  They had a Gluten Free option for me. They have Grilled Nuggets, which I have to say were really good, and their waffle fries, which were also good. I didn't eat them with any sauce because I didn't know if there was a sauce option Gluten / Dairy Free. Honestly, the nuggets didn't need it.   

Dinner: I made Pizza tonight. I used Udi's Gluten-Free Pizza Crust with the leftover Priano Tomato Basil sauce from the Baked Ziti from last night and Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds.  I made 2 pizza.  One cheese and one half cheese, half pepperoni for Angus.  It wasn't too bad.  I think it probably could have used a little more seasoning. HistoryBoy wasn't crazy about it.  He ate one slice and asked for a Hot Pocket. LOL. Angus ate a whole pie on his own but asked that we flavor it up next time. I said sure and ordered some Daiya Dairy Free Pepperjack Style Shreds to add with the mozzarella to spice it up a little bit.  

Snacks: I had one of the GF Rice Krispie Treats I made last night. 

Day 19: (Sunday, January 19, 2014)

Breakfast: I went back to Vanilla Chex for a change still with Rice milk. 


Lunch: I made Bush's Beans again today with Dietz's and Watson hotdogs.  It's funny, something I loved before is gluten free. AWESOMENESS, so I just add it into lunches here and there.


Dinner: I made a Ground Turkey and Gnocchi using Conte's Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi with Spinach (recipe to follow)  It was YUM!

Snacks: I still have those Rice Krispie Treat and I had a couple of pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate.  


Day 20: (Monday, January 20, 2014)

Breakfast: I decided to try the wallpaper paste (LOL) Cream of Rice again.  I doctored it up with raisin, brown sugar and maple syrup. I am not sure what I did differently.  It tasted better and had a better consistency but it didn't dissolve like it did last time. While it tasted pretty much like wallpaper paste last time, it wasn't grainy, this time it was, so I guess this is a trial and error kind of this. Fun time. SO maybe Cream of Rice isn't my food. LOL


Lunch:  We were to my GM's for lunch so I brought my leftover's from last night.  As a note, everything EXCEPT the gnocchi reheated well in the micro.  The turned out like little piece of um, rocks? maybe that fell to crumbly pieces in your mouth when you ate them, not in a good way.  So I do not recommend a reheat for them and when I make again I will leave them out of the leftovers and just keep rest of meal because it was delish!

Dinner: I made Grilled Mahi Mahi tonight. Made Gluten/Dairy Free Mashed potatoes and steamed baby carrots. (Recipe to follow) 

Snacks:  I had a couple Rice Krispie Treats and some Gratify Gluten Free pretzels.  

Recipe
Pizza
1 Udi's GF Pizza Crust 2 pack
1/2 jar pasta sauce (1/4 for each pie)
1 pkg Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
1 pkg Hormel Pepperoni (optional)
Dash of Italian Seasonian (for flavor)

Preheat over to 375*
spread 1/2 of sauce on each pie crust
sprinkle cheese liberally
sprinkle Italian seasoning over each pie
cook each pie for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment