Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Sunday, January 26, 2014

AF Diet ~ Days 21, 22 & 23

Day 21: (Tuesday, January 21, 2014)

Breakfast: I tried Cream of Rice again, and guess what it wasn't so bad.  I used hot water when I mixed it up and used a fork to whisk it up rather than just stir it up .  I used raisins and agave to sweeten it.  I actually liked it. 


Lunch:  I had Progresso's Garden Vegetable soup.  They have a list of soup which are gluten free so I am going try a couple of others on the list see if I like them. It says Gluten Free on the label. Do you know how many label I had to check to find ONE soup can that was Gluten Free?  That was why I made my own Tomato Soup a few weeks back.  I may try to make my own veggie soup but this is pretty good.  I am surprised that minestrone is not gluten free. I may try that as my next soup recipe!

Dinner: I made Turkey Burgers, ground turkey with Tastefully Simple's Garlic Galric seasoning and Garden Veggie about a tbsp of eat per lb of meat as a guide Easy Peasy Dinner that HistoryBoy loves, and I can eat with my Gluten Free bread. I had some canned peaches in fruit juice with them. I am really trying to keep the meals balanced.  It is so easy when Angus is away for HistoryBoy and I to be lazy, LOL.  Angus like bigger meals.  

Snacks:  I had a clementine, some Glutino gluten free pretzels (i finished my gratify ones but I am going to buy more of those I find I like them better except the honey mustard ones from Glutino, those are really good) and a couple of pieces of dove dark chocolate

Day 22: (Wednesday, January 22, 2014)

Brunch: It was a snow day, we slept in and when I got up I ate Cream of Rice again same method as yesterday and I used a little Maple Syrup instead. Still enjoyed it. :-) Happy I finally figured it out.  Breakfast should NOT be this hard to figure out.  Doesn't it know I am not at my best in the morning...
 Well today it wasn't really early but still...

Dinner: For dinner, it was an easy night, since I had spent the day cleaning since we were stuck inside, I didn't want to cook, I just made a sandwich using Udi's Gluten Free White Bread and Sunbutter.  I toasted the bread and I have to say I really enjoyed the sandwich. 

Snacks:  I had some Herr's potato chips today and some Glutino's honey mustard pretzels, along with a clementine.  


Day 23: (Thursday, January 23, 2014)

Breakfast: I had Honey Nut Chex but instead Rice Milk I tried Oat Milk. I think I enjoyed it, bit if I sound unsure it is because I am.  I poured on about the same amount I usually do of the rice milk, but it seemed to disappear. I think the Chex absorbed it.  The flavor was ok.  But I definitely needed to use more next time because the cereal was still dry. It was weird. 


Lunch:  I made a Ground Bison with Mirepoix.  Basically, that's Ground Bison meat, with chopped onions, celery and carrots. I threw it in a skillet and let it cook up.  Because I wanted to try something different with it, I used 2 tbsp Tastefully Simple's Honey BBQ Seasoning.  It contains's Salt, Honey granules, brown sugar, paprika, garlic, onion, spices, sugar. black pepper, and natural flavoring.  (WARNING: It does say it was manufactured in a facility that process milk egg wheat soy and tree nuts, but I have noticed ALL Tastefully Simple products say this EVEN their GF products)

Dinner: I only ended up having a slice of bread with some Smart Balance and a Snapple for dinner. We got home late from HistoryBoy's one appointment and were running late for the next and I didn't have a micro-meal ready... Sigh

Snacks:  Clementine... last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment