Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Days 24, 25 & 26 AF Diet

Day 24: (Friday, January 24, 2014)

Breakfast: OMG, I have found the BEST way to make Cream of Rice.  I started to make it as I usually do but I added a chopped banana (in addition to the raisins and agave that I usually use).  It was delicious.  Next time I make it, I will probably not use the sweetener as the bananas sweetened it up very well, so this way I don't get any added sugar. 


Lunch: I made myself a toasted Sunbutter sandwich.  YUM!  I can have peanut butter, I am not allergic or sensitive but I tried this so I could have an alternative for HistoryBoy who is allergic, and I LOVE it. I toasted Udi's white bread, and spread the Sunbutter on it. I was going to use jelly but I felt it didn't need it. 

Dinner: I cooked up Bison steaks marinaded in Tastefully Simple's Bayou Bourbon sauce. (It was yum!)  I also decided to try Uncle Ben's® Whole Grain Medley™ Brown Rice and Quinoa.  We will NOT be eating it again, I really did not like it.  Maybe it's an acquired taste... Maybe it needed seasoning I don't know. The meal was rounded all with steamed baby carrots

Snacks:  I am still trying to watch snacks but I found a really great sorbet, Ciao Bella Mango Sorbet.  It is delicious.   

Day 25: (Saturday, January 25, 2014)

Breakfast: 


Lunch: I decided to try and make some cranberry bread.  I love cranberry bread and it is haven't found a mix, BUT I did find The Cravings Place Create-Your-Own Quick Bread and Muffin Mix to use to make my cranberry bread (recipe to follow).  It came out pretty good.  It is an UNsweetened bread/muffin mix, so just mix in your own ingredients and it comes out pretty good.  I am going to try it again and see if I can do it better.  It felt a little heavy but I don't think I mixed it well.  I mixed it by hand because I wasn't feeling well (and lazy) and didn't feel like dragging out my mixer so next time I am going to use my mixer and see if it comes out better.

Dinner: Tonight was a quick throw together, (easy peasy recipe posted later). I made Spaghetti & Meatballs. 

Snacks: I had some potato chips and 2 piece of Dove.  :-)


Day 26: (Sunday, January 26, 2014)

Breakfast: I had a slice of my Cranberry bread for breakfast. 



Lunch:  I had Saladworks today for lunch. (As a note, they have a pretty cool online allergen menu guide, check it out) A yummy salad with chicken, craisins, candied pecans, tomatoes and sunflower seeds with Balsamic Vinagrette dressing.  Since I need a gluten free option and can't they roll they normally offer with the meal, they have a bag of kettle chips which are gluten free so I got those.  I didn't even eat them, I had enough with my salad but it's nice to know they have choices. 


Dinner: We went to the movies today, so I am exhausted.I am getting used to cooking up my ingredients and throwing them.  I grilled up Ground Beef (93% lean) with rice and green beans (Another Easy Peasy recipe to follow)



Snacks:  I found Orville Redenbacher's microwave popcorn, "SALT ONLY" variety, also a lime & salt.  I am going to try these out and see if I like them.  I also bought popcorn kernels so we can pop it ourselves and I can put whatever I want on it!  :-) I tried the Lime.  When you open it, it smells like Fruit Loops sort of, LOL>  Must be the lime juice, but it wasn't bad.  It gives it a nice flavor but I am used to butter popcorn which I haven't had since I started this diet, but it still doesn't mean it didn't taste different, but different isn't always bad.



1 comment:

  1. Hi! Mitch from Saladworks here. Glad you enjoyed. :-) Let me know if I can help in any way - just shoot me a tweet at @saladworks.

    ReplyDelete