Join Our FaceBook Group (Must have FB acct)

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Not a Snow Day... But it Should've Been!

I hate the cold.  I don't function well in the cold.  I ache and my hands throb.  I have been wearing gloves indoors the past two days.  It's awful.  It isn't even that the heat isn't working, it is.  It's just that my body is not working properly, as per usual. 

Today (Friday, Jan 10) is especially rough as there is freezing rain today.  I got a call at 730 that the buses were running late because of the icy conditions.  History Boy is out of school sick until Monday but I still got the call.  The school called again around 8:40 saying that all buses had gotten to school safely (finally! School starts at 8.)  

I didn't realize just how bad it was until I had to run out to my car and almost fell out the front door.  I slipped, in winter boots, on the front step and almost went flying down them.  I then moved to the grass since it seems the better option than the sidewalk but I still had to cross the driveway to my car.  I slipped my wait carefully across to get what I needed to out of the car and carefully made my way back in.  I put salt out.  Well I actually stood at the front door and threw it out the door, I wasn't brave enough to attempt to walk out there again. 


Then I get a call from the Emergency Response System asking me to stay indoors and off the road because of the dangerous conditions.  Um, didn't the buses just take all those kids to school in these conditions! If I am not supposed to drive, I certainly don't think a school bus should be!  Also, in addition to the Emergency Response Call, the sirens from the local fire house have been going off every 1/2 hour or so. There must be alot of accidents or whatnot going on for it to be happening that frequently. 


Sigh, ok I am done my rant.  

No comments:

Post a Comment